Editor’s note: We invited readers to write letters to those they love this Christmas and share it with them through The Forum and here on Nicole’s blog. This is one of them.
There isn’t enough time in the day to type all the reasons why I love you. So,I give you 6 reasons why I adore you. Since we both know how much I love a good list:
- Just like on our first date, you still insist on being the one to walk closer to traffic, so if one of us were to get hit by a moving vehicle, it would be you,not me. Chivalry is not dead. (Pun intended.)
- On any given day, you are my voice of reason; loudest cheerleader; compass; shoulder to cry on; partner–in-crime;strongest encourager; and toughest, yet fairest critic.
- I love the fact that you’re still too cool for Facebook and reality TV., yet you always seem to know status updates of my friends and that ”Jacqueline totally had her lips done”.
- You jumped into the journey known as Fatherhood and have never looked back. From tummy time to ice time; potty training to training wheels; teething rings to the Tooth Fairy; Goodnight Moon to Magic Tree House; you are completely devoted.
- You spend time and picking out the pinkest peony on the bush; find the perfect vase, and lovingly place it next to our daughter’s bed.
- I love the way your face lights up every time you hear a Huey Lewis & the News song. Don’t worry.Your secret is safe with me.